Bridge End Bunk House is located on the North East corner of Historic Balls Bridge in Huron County.
This historic property boasts the original Ball stone homestead built in 1864. Bridge End Bunkie is situated in the edge of the cedar forest, riverside just a short 5 min walk from the house and parking via trails or a small roadway.
Should you require assistance bring your things down to the river we have on site a side by side that that we can use to take you and your supplies down to the river.
A Rustic Experience
The bunkie does not have hydro or running water.
- Upper loft with a thick comfortable queen mattress.
- Lower daybed with 2 twin mattresses that can be placed side by side for a king size when the base is pulled out.
- Linens are provided, however for shoulder seasons please bring your own winter weight sleeping bag. The bunkie is not heated.
- 2 Coleman battery lanterns for light.
- Enjoy a riverside fire with a cooking grill or small propane bbq.
(Firewood provided for a fee, please do not bring wood due to invasive insects)
- Pans, griddle, dishes and cutlery are all on site along with cooking spray.
- Picnic table. (Please keep mind to protect the table with the plastic cloth provided and don’t place hot or greasy things on the table surface.)
- Fresh water and a wash basin and dish soap.
- The “Trout House” is a sawdust composting outhouse. Extra sawdust is located in the tote behind, place a handful or two on top of every use. Please note there is currently no access to a shower.
For Your Entertainment
- Bridge End is all about being creative and enjoying the beauty of the historic bridge, the river and surrounding cedar forest. Artists are invited to come armed with all their painting supplies, or book Elizabeth for your own private sketching lesson.
- There are a few short trails on the property or if you are an avid hiker the Maitland trail connects right to us on Balls Bridge. Maitland trail maps are in the side table.
- Fish the Maitland River, 3 day or year long licenses can be easily purchased online.
- A great run on the Maitland River is Auburn to the bunkie. This stretch takes anywhere between 2 to 5 hours depending on the water level. When the water is low it does require walking in several areas and can take longer to get home.
- There is a place on the other side of the river to launch your canoe or kayak.
- Goderich is a 15 min drive for shopping and more entertainment.
- $125-$200/night for 2, $20 extra per person plus a $35 cleaning fee per stay.
- Additional area to set up a tent $20
- Fishing gear can be available. (You must have the appropriate license) Any interest in fly tying or fly casting please inquire.
- Private Sketching Lessons with Elizabeth, $20/hr plus $10 for each additional person. Supplies can be provided.
Rental is available through AirBNB.com
Visit our listing at https://airbnb.com/h/bridgeendbunkie to request a booking.
For more information contact Elizabeth at firstname.lastname@example.org
PS. Do not forget your bug spray!